I just got back from an amazing Convention in DC. I met Mark Kelly (An Astronaut and Gabby Gifford’s husband), Aaron Ralston (Cut off his own arm to survive–127 Hours is about him) and Roger Barnett (Shaklee’s Owner and CEO) and was inspired by each one of them. I’m pumped up and ready to help people develop their own businesses and incorporate Shaklee into their life.
It’s usually hard for me to stay on track while I’m traveling but luckily I was surround by my friends who are very health eaters! One’s a Vegetarian and Yoga teacher and the other lives and teaches about being Gluten Free. I also brought my Shaklee shakes, bars, and supplements to help me if I was getting hungry or so I wouldn’t be tempted to cheat (there are dessert trays all over!)
Here’s my 5 tips on How to Stay Healthy while Traveling!
1) Walk everywhere! Instead of taking the elevator or escalator take the stairs! This is such an easy thing to do and will work wonders. It is important to still get 30 minutes of exercise in every day even while your traveling and walking will do this trick. ((Another great workout tip is to go dancing! My friends and I had a great time letting loose and hitting the dance floor. When your having fun with something you don’t even realize or consider it a work out. Move those hips ; ) ))
2) Drink Shaklee’s Cinch Shake first thing in the morning. You might be thinking- ‘I don’t travel with a blender!’ But don’t you worry- it’s still easy to have your delicious shake on the go. Simple put the powder (it also comes in individual packets) and water in a Tupperwear container with a top and shake! ((Check out my friend Kim Richard Jone’s facebook where she sells great tupperwear!)) This gets your day off to the right start providing your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs for the coming day. It also helps with cravings!
3) Drink a lot of Water! Water helps hydrate your body and keeps you feeling full. Instead of reaching for snacks- if you have a water bottle with you sip on that. We are often not hungry just looking for something to put in our mouths.
4) Research Healthy Restaurants before you go. My friends and I looked up restaurants to go to in DC that had healthy foods. We were prepared each night and instead of feeling boggled down by unhealthy fast foods we felt great. (Yelp has a great iphone application that can help you with this! If you don’t have an iphone you can always go to yelp.com)
5) Limit your Alcohol Consumption. When you are meeting new people it’s always fun to have a drink but limit it to that! 1 cocktail can have up to 500 calories- imagine having 4 of them?! That’s your calories for the day. Many restaurants are making healthier versions so be sure to ask for that (Skinny Girl Margarita anyone?!) I’m all about having fun but make sure you are aware of what you are consuming. Drinking a lot also often leads to overeating.
These 5 Tips helped me lose weight but still have a good time at my conference! I felt elevated and ready to take on the world : )
Also at the Conference I learned that Shaklee is giving a reward that’s a reward in itself this year. If you build and develop your Shaklee business you might be eligible for a trip of a lifetime. Shaklee is sending their top business leaders to Kenya on a Safari to support childrens education. Not only do you get to explore and have a good time but you are also sending a child in need to school for a year. Talk about rewarding!
Check out this Video for More Information:
I am also hosting an Event Wednesday, August 31 at 6:30 pm on Business Development. I’m looking for passionate and dedicated entrepreneurial people to join my team! If you think you qualify for this contact me at email@example.com for more information.