Tips to make your holiday Regret-LESS
The Greatest gift we can give to the world is to be true to ourselves- our desires, our wishes, and our feelings.
Howard Thurman once said, “Don’t worry about what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.”
This means staying true to what your hearts desires— feeling good in your own skin.
What does that mean to you? It isn’t necessarily The “Madison Avenue” vision of perfection.
My goal is to help people find their own visions. It is about YOU discovering what YOU want.
Here are some negative roadblock thoughts:
-Food cravings mean I have no self control?
-I can’t eat just one
-I need to eat when I feel stressed
Instead of having these thoughts–Here are some tips to stay on track during the holiday festivities:
Let’s talk about activity first, notice I don’t say exercise.
- First thing in the morning, do 10 minutes of movement (((I like to do Chi kung exercises, they increase my metabolism and balance my mind at the same time.)))
- About three times a week, I add a 20 minute program to that 10 minutes which include one minute exercise that will focus on certain muscle groups. (( For example one minute of biceps, triceps, quads, hamstrings…to fill in that time. ))
Why is this Morning Activity important?
- Your body is in a restful state and by doing this you are getting your metabolism pumped up.
- Studies have shown when you do this you will stick to it because we all know our good intentions. Lunchtime-friends, after work-helping your kids with homework
- When you get your heart rate going you release endorphins which will get you in a better mood that can last all day
And for nutrition:
- Food cravings may mean you are missing some nutrients and your body is craving it. It may also mean emotionally you are feeling low.
Stay on your vitamin program. The vitalizer from Shaklee takes the guess work out of what to take and will it work. Great place to start. It will also put you in a better mood and help you sleep better (As my friend Wendy will attest to)
- Eat a protein rich breakfast within one hour of waking up. ((I like to do the Cinch shake so I can do the next thing.))
So for all you party animals– start your day off with these EASY tips and it will keep you on the right track and move you quicker toward your NEW YEARS INTENTIONS!!
I lead a weekly phone call with people who are implementing changes in their lives . The support of a group really helps!
If you are interested in joining…
Contact me at DianaMaltz@gmail.com