Free shipping for orders over $75 until January 31st. PLUS: Sign up for the Fresh Start/Foods Rule Class by January 31st for a significant discount!
What causes that extra padding around your middle beyond calories?
- Insulin Resistance. Eating the high carb diet that most of us eat (including alcohol and sugar) for just a few years, the body has learned not to respond to insulin. So the blood sugar level rises and quickly converts to fat. The belly is the best place to store that fat.
- Adrenal Fatigue. Due to the fact that we are under constant stress, our bodies are releasing cortisol and adrenaline that signals the body to release sugar for fighting or fleeing. Since we don’t live in a world where we use that sugar (our true fight or flight response is rarely activated), that sugar gets stored as fat.
These are the best ways to whittle your middle:
- Eat foods or drink shakes that are balanced. That keeps our blood sugar levels even (no need for insulin) and we avoid cravings. It can be a balanced meal or snack (like a food or whole food supplement). Balanced means eating a combination of protein (builders), carbohydrates (quick energy) and fats (good for skin, hair nails, hormones) in a ratio that gives us immediate and sustained energy, so sugar levels don’t rise (we won’t get cravings) and it won’t get stored as fat.Shaklee’s Life Plan Shake, Shaklee 180 meal in a bar and Shaklee 180 snack bars are balanced and will keep your insulin working for you!I am offering a class to help you use food, supplements, exercise and positive thinking to balance your body.
- Exercise in a way to build muscle. Weight training, yoga, and interval training can build muscle. Muscle takes up less space so you look leaner as the scale numbers go down. More muscle means more energy and higher metabolism. Here’s a bonus: Shaklee’s Life Plan shakes contain the amino acid leucine that helps retain and build muscle. Clients are so encouraged when they look thinner sooner with these shakes and Shaklee 180 Program. The news is all good with insulin too! The more muscle you have, the less you need to release insulin.
- Find ways to reduce your stress level and cortisone levels. By reducing cortisol levels you are effecting how your body stores fat. Shaklee has a 30 minute Stress Relief herbal supplement to minimize the stress burden on the body. It contains Ashwaganda (a body balancer), L-theanine (to stay relaxed and alert), Beta-Sitosterol (which reduces cortisone levels).Meditation, yoga or Chi Kung, for 20 minutes daily also teaches you how not to live your life with your foot constantly on the accelerator!
- Build healthy gut flora. Studies show that gut flora plays a large role in weight control. Populating your gut with healthy bacteria helps with digestion and metabolizing your food. Shaklee’s Life Plan shake is a meal, plus it contains pre and post biotic (which help with digestion and metabolism).Shaklee’s Optiflora pre and post biotic is a system that builds gut flora. What makes this system unique is the little pearl in the system, which is triple encapsulated. The bacteria numbers stay intact as it passes through the stomach and small intestine and gets released in the large intestine.The new Fresh Start Cleanse is a program will help you build you digestive flora with specific foods and supplements.
- Get a metabolic boost. The ingredients in Shaklee’s Metabolic Boost contain ingredients to help with Insulin Resistance (which reduces cravings and helps release energy) as well as EGCG, which is commonly found in green tea and is known to increase calorie burning. Shaklee 180 Energy Tea also contains calorie-burning EGCG to increase metabolism and give you a boost of energy!
Knowledge is power! We have products that have been scientifically proven to work. Shaklee weight loss participant’s have lost over 3 million pounds! I am offering a fabulous program with 20 years of research that can be accomplished individually, in our group or in person in a 6-week Fresh Start/Foods Rule program.
I have 28 years of experience in helping people re-commit to their health goals And reclaim your optimal health.
It is your time to own your health, let me help you!
I also recently discovered this awesome company called Bring the Gym to Me. With a network of over 500 fitness instructors, they will match you with a personal trainer or fitness instructor that is perfect for you. With classes like Yoga, Pilates or one on one training. The best part, is that the trainer comes straight to your home(!) with workouts scheduled and customized to suit your needs. Check them out at http://www.bringthegymtome.com.
Email or call/text to find out what will work for you. firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-526-5496.
Live Life With Zest,