I don’t want to have any regrets this year. Being healthy is not a given – it’s something you have to work for. As the expression goes, “if you ignore your health, it will go away.” This is a great time to think about what you’ve done well, what has worked for you, and what you want to change for the better for next year. These four steps will help you feel better, look better and take control of your destiny.
1. What did you accomplish this year? Instead of focusing on what you didn’t do, it’s time to find your supportive voice. Take stock on what you did accomplish this year. Did you start to exercise once a week? You can burn 350 calories with a strength training class and lose a pound every 10 weeks. It is a good trend. If you did nothing, and lose muscle every year and you’ll gain fat by sticking with the status quo! Ouch!
So for the next week, I want you to write down what you did well in 2014. Build that supportive voice muscle!
2. Do a Wellness Evaluation with an RN and health coach like myself. Issues like stress, digestion, being sick too often, brain fog, migraines and weight loss do well with looking at lifestyles issues and a stress reduction program. The Wellness Evaluation I work with will get to the source of most health challenges and help you find what nutrients you are missing (and the supplements and foods will fill in the gaps), what foods you are sensitive to, and pinpoint the bad habits that are detrimental to your health.
The Wellness Evaluation is a great start to achieving better health. By taking it a step further and investing in my three month program you can start to develop new solutions to habits that are holding you back. It’s interesting how one challenge can not only effect your weight, but how you perform at your job!
3. Do a short healthy detox. January 5th is a good day to start a five-day “Kick Start Detox.” You will feel and look like a million bucks and this will spur you on begin your 2015 program.
We are starting a group that meets once a week on the phone and once a month in person. Email me if you are interested. Spots are filling up fast! Research shows that making changes in a supportive group setting will help you be more successful.
4. Make a game plan today for how you will improve your health this year. The Shaklee 180 health programs make it easy to reach your goals. Some of the benefits are:
- It’s very convenient
- As you make changes you learn new habits
- It is balanced, healthy and preserves lean muscle
- It costs the same as eating out for lunch
- It is on special until December 31st
- You will see results sooner – because you’ll be losing fat, not muscle.
Here is an amazing story from the Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Jacqui Mccoy lost 207 pound on this TV show in one year. She was driven by the desire to have a baby, but was not able to at her weight. Her success was shown on an hour Friday night special. When the year was over and she started training others to do the same food and exercise program, she was shocked when she started to gain back the weight and her hormones were a mess. Jacqui was convinced by her mothers weight loss to try the Shaklee 180 program. She lost the new 80 pounds with ease and the best testament to how healthy a program it is, is that last September she finally achieved her dream of a baby!
Here is the special:
Starting January – March 2015 There will be 4,000 of us losing at least 10 pounds for a 40,000 pound challenge Jacqui McCoy gave us!
What is your dream for better health in the New Year? I would love to help you identify your vision, and clarify and set your goals. With my help you can develop your supportive voice as well as corrective strategies along the way and achieve your goals!
Don’t ever let anyone talk you out of your dreams, just because they have given up on theirs.
Live Life With Zest,