- Take the 28-Day Challenge: Lose 5 to 7 pounds, starting October 27 – November 21
- Slim Meet/Smoothie-Tasting: “How to Navigate the Sweet Season”
When and Where: October 16 at 6:00 pm, in So Ho, Manhattan, 132 Crosby Street
- Can’t make the Slim Meet? Join us at a Webinar: October 23 at 8:00 pm
“How to Navigate the Sweet Season” AT: Join.Me/zestylifenyc
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org for both the tasting and webinar
Are you worried about overeating or gaining weight during the coming holidays? Do you get trapped in the sugar zone? Would you like to learn how to easily navigate the sweet season? How about getting a jumpstart and participate in a 28-day challenge? Start the season with weight loss and look great for the holidays.
We can gain an average of 5-8 pounds from Halloween to New Years and some people never lose it! Year after year this adds up until more than half of us are overweight or obese.
To avoid the Sugar Danger Zone during the upcoming holidays, take these 5 steps:
- Find Out Your BMI. Are you overweight? It is important to have a parameter to begin. For adults, overweight and obesity ranges are measured by using weight and height to compute the person’s BMI. The BMI is used because, for most people, it correlates with the amount of fat in their bodies. An online tool for gauging the BMIs of adults can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_BMI/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html
- Increase Your Activity in General. Take the stairs instead of the elevators. Go out for a walk in the evening with your kids or spouses, great time spent with the ones you love. Don’t use the holidays as an excuse to skimp on your holiday routine, especially workouts with resistance. When you build muscle you increase your metabolism and you aren’t as prone to energy slumps. More muscle also means less sugar cravings because your body doesn’t need as much insulin (fat hormone) to use the sugar. You will also look trimmer, which is great for those holiday parties.
- Control Portions. This is a learning habit for everyday eating. Think about, “do I need that second plate of stuffing or piece of pie?” “How important is this toward my long-term energy level and how I look?” I remember feeling so stuffed that I would fall asleep in a chair and not enjoy the people I had not seen all year! A good trick is don’t go to the holiday table extremely hungry, have a healthy snack an hour before so your food choices are based on ‘sanity’. I love a Shaklee 180 Smoothee for this – I feel full of energy and ready to enjoy food two hours later. My favorite is the Mango-flavored Shaklee 180 Smoothee. I recommend a “Metabolic Boost” with it, to balance my blood sugar (Banaba Extract) and green tea extract to increase energy. Here’s my go-to recipe!
Mango Coconut Banana Smoothie
2 Scoops Shaklee 180 Mango Smoothie mix, 1/2 banana,
1/4 tsp. coconut extract or 1 Tbsp of real coconut flakes
8 ounces milk (soy, rice, almond) Blend with ice.
- Chew 100 Times. Studies show that people who chew 100 bites have a better and more ideal weight. It takes the stomach 20 minutes to register that you are full. At the holiday table or at parties enjoy the conversation, eat slowly, and savor the moments with people as much as the food.
- Take the 28-Day Challenge. Here’s a game plan for you…participate in the 28-Day Challenge, where your goal is to lose those 5 to 7 pounds. The challenge will keep your vision clear with another objective in mind, not be swayed by every party and event. Tell your friends you are doing it and find friend that will help keep you on track.
To start on the 28-Day Challenge, come to our Slim Meet on October 16th or sign up for our Just 7-Pounds Webinar(alias: How to Navigate the Sweet Season) on October 23rd. For more information, visit our event calendar.
Or if you can’t wait, start today and get FREE shipping on orders over $75. (Expires October 15th)
Live life with Zest,